Wednesday 26 March 2014

I used it again after all.

I've used the machine again. This time in conjunction with my hand-stitched lines for the first stitching exercise. I used my line stitches in plenty of different ways, and yet, soon I headed back to over-stitch them with technology! This time I stitched onto a piece of pinstriped poly-cotton. I thought, seeing as it was striped already, I'd be terribly clever. I began with the three main lines of chain stitch in my larger threads.
I alternated the kinds of stitches, and the gaps with which they were spaced, as asked. I chose yellow as the colour to stitch in as I was recently given a large amount of threads, mostly in these shades, hence I could use them and still end up with the largest selection of colours for the next exercise. When I had finished doing my hand-stitched section, I thought I may as well try out some of my zigzag stitches now that I had more room - I should have mentioned, this is my larger hoop. For something abstract, I quite like it. However, seeing as the exercise was about creating a surface texture, I don't like the texture that the lines built up as much as I do the loops from the 'nests' in the first machine test.

No comments:

Post a Comment