Thursday 8 January 2015

Progress in my Project on Fabric Manipulation. Inprovising my own Technique.

To make the front, back, and base panels of my box, I'm improvising a new technique. I'm sure it's been done before somewhere in the world, but I've come up with it independently for this section, and I'm feeling pretty confident it'll work. I'm making a basic framework of lines to stitch on paper, drawing the lines carefully with pencil and ruler. Then I securely pin them to a sheet of lamé mounted on thick felt. Then I machine stitch the perimeter and finally the design, lifting the machine and cutting the threads as little as possible. When it's finished, the sections tear away like so:


Sometimes a pair of tweezers is needed to remove any stray paper, but mostly, it's quick, successful, and neat.


No comments:

Post a Comment