Monday 5 January 2015

An Extra Project for Christmas.


Well, It's been a busy Christmas, but I'm back, and with a newly finished project to show off. This is the scarf I knitted for my brother, which I'm really rather proud of. It's part of an eBook called 'parallax', published by Alasdair Post-Quinn, who can be found at his site here. It's double-knitted, a technique I hadn't tried before, and is knitted diagonally by adding and taking away stitches at the same end on each right-side row. It took many evenings, but now, five things are true: I understand how to make a diagonal pattern. I understand how to hold two colours at once. I understand how to knit a double-sided fabric. I'm pretty unlikely to forget after all that practice. And he was very happy with his present!

No comments:

Post a Comment