Thursday 17 July 2014

Knitted Cape, Part Two.


I've cut out my cape, re-pinning to ensure I've got the same tension all around as I go. I've learnt a lot about the process of knitting through this project. I've knitted lace before, as you've seen, but never with so many stitches to handle. Through about 150 rows, I've had up to 1280 stitches per row. Next I'll be sewing the pattern to the velvet, removing the pins one at a time, and then it'll be time to put it on the model.


Please excuse the background! I'm very pleased with this conclusion to the project, although the central Tudor Rose motif is no longer visible in the folds. When I've saved up, I'll be heading back online for some faux fur to make a proper edging. I'll be posting the finished item later on.


No comments:

Post a Comment