Saturday 12 April 2014

Embroideries based on photo walk and sketches. Part four. Hedge.

Again, I thought about the Japanese approach for this little exercise. When it's not layers and layers, it's the minimalist approach on black. I went towards this photo:
With the intention to do it in the same way as the puddle picture. Lots of tiny pink French knots for the centre buds, surrounded by mint and lime green satin stitched leaves. However, I started to put it down (on a plain cotton this time), and realised I actually quite liked it minimal. That's a first for me! I may lay it aside and come back to it later on, after a few more frame-fuls, but for the moment, I quite like it like this (though the colours aren't really as deep in this photo version as they should be!) What's happening to me?!


No comments:

Post a Comment